1. Find Council Services
  2. a
  3. b
  4. c
  5. d
  6. e
  7. f
  8. g
  9. h
  10. i
  11. j
  12. k
  13. l
  14. m
  15. n
  16. o
  17. p
  18. q
  19. r
  20. s
  21. t
  22. u
  23. v
  24. w
  25. x
  26. y
  27. z

Application for Immigration Accommodation Inspection

If you are applying to live in the UK from abroad, the immigration authorities may need to know about the housing conditions of the property you plan to live in. 

This information will need to come from an independent body such as a qualified surveyor or an environmental health officer. 

Newport City Council offers this service for a charge of £214.66 which must be paid in advance.

Properties are inspected under the Housing Act 2004 using the Housing Health & Safety Rating system; (HHSRS) to determine any potential defects or hazards, which includes overcrowding, adequate facilities, disrepair etc.

If the property is rented, permission must be sought from the landlord before an inspection is requested.

Complete the form to request an immigration accommodation inspection.